Synthetic vs. Human Hair Extensions: The Choice is Yours!
With so many different hair choices available in the marketplace, it can be difficult for one to sift through the clutter to find the best options that will suit your needs. We at Bundles Luxury Hair Co. are here to provide some insight into the different types of hair extensions that are available to help make that decision easier for you! Below we will highlight some of the major differences between synthetic, synthetic blend and human hair extensions and the truth regarding each option. Let us start by looking at the facts about human hair first:
Human Hair Extensions:
- Constructed using 100% human hair.
- Looks and feels the most natural. (Soft & Lightweight).
- Provides volume & body that is not easily duplicated by synthetic hair.
- It is versatile (Can style like your own).
- It is durable (Longer life span vs. Synthetic Hair).
- Not cheap (More expensive vs. Synthetic Hair).
- Takes more time to style, manage & care for when compared to Synthetic Hair Extensions.
Synthetic Hair Extensions:
- Constructed using 100% synthetic fibers.
- Minimal to no styling requirements.
- Cheaper when compared to human hair.
- Curl or style pattern is set and will not change.
- Great for individuals with busy lifestyles.
- Not versatile.
- Heavier when compared to human hair (Less volume & body).
- Does not have the most natural look.
Synthetic Blend Hair Extensions:
- Constructed using human hair & synthetic fibers.
- Pricing is similar to human hair.
- Gives versatility, body & look of human hair.
Both human hair and synthetic hair have their advantages and disadvantages, but only you know your wants, needs and budget. If your budget allows, human hair will give you the most natural look, volume and versatility. Conversely, if you are someone who has a busy lifestyle synthetic hair or a synthetic blend would work best due to its minimal to low maintenance requirements. Regardless of whichever hair type you choose, remember that it is always important to follow your hair care regimen in order to get the best results and optimal life span from your hair.